Re: broken wheezy packages? - Re: default username and password

Am 01.04.2012 11:15, schrieb Tim Gibbon:
On Sun, Apr 1, 2012 at 3:39 AM, Mark Schneider
<ms@it-infrastrukturen.org>  wrote:
I'm sorry for the confusion. It is *not* a regression bug in live boot, as
live-boot or live-build didn't change during few last weeks (git) so there
must be some broken packages in last wheezy updates (my guess).

Newly created images doesn't create entries for live user during the boot
process and even boot command line options are visible in /etc/cmdline they
/proc/cmdline of course ...

are not used (just *only* for test I used a chroot hook to create live user
entries in /etc/passwd and /etc/shadow and I was able to login in .. however
with "/" as home).

You are right since the live build images built with:
root@danny:~# lb --version
live-build, version 2.0.12-
I use[d] lb3-a45-1 to build wheezy images (binary hybrid with syslinux)

To build a wheezy image also didn't work - couldn't login with
username/password.
lb config \
--architecture i386 \
--distribution wheezy \
--binary-image hdd \
--archive-areas 'main contrib non-free' \
--bootappend-live "ip=eth0:192.168.1.1:255.255.255.0:192.168.1.1 persistent" \
--mirror-bootstrap "http://localhost:3142/ftp.debian.org/debian/"; \
--syslinux-timeout 1 \
--syslinux-splash config/binary_syslinux/bobbins_splash.png \
--distribution wheezy \
--hostname bobbins \
--tasks minimal

I thought I was doing the right thing keeping lb stable on one machine
and lb unstable on the other. On the rare occasions that lb 3.x has
been broken, I've fallen back to lb 2.x. Sadly, in this case I am no
longer able to do that.
For quick tests in live mode and using RAM-disk I created the following wheezy live image with lb3-a45-1. It can create "itself" using RAM disk if you have enough RAM (I placed its own config tree in /home/live/live). There is also some description how to do it and a short script. The config includes also an additional binary hook and some syslinux templates to support the choice of more than one keyboard layout in boot menu.
Image with LXDE WM:
http://rsync.it-infrastrukturen.org/debian-live/binary-hybrid-wheezy-amd64-syslinux-lxde.iso
or with awesome WM:
http://rsync.it-infrastrukturen.org/debian-live/binary-hybrid-wheezy-amd64-syslinux-awesome.iso