Re: Cross-building

I just built an iso with live-build on my iMac G4.

What are you looking at having in the image?

On Mon, Apr 18, 2011 at 5:10 PM, Kevin Krumwiede <kjkrum@gmail.com> wrote:
I'd like to build a custom PPC distro for installation on some gen3
(USB 2.0) eMacs.  However, the only installed Linux systems I have
access to are AMD64.

I contacted Chris Lamb, maintainer of the live-magic frontend.  He
said that to his knowledge, cross-building a live CD is not currently
possible, but that "perhaps the multiarch stuff has changed the state
of play here . . ."

I realize that I could probably install an existing PPC distro on one
of the eMacs, work up a new one using the native toolchain, and then
reinstall... but that would require a lot of time on those painfully
slow old machines.  So I just want to confirm that I'm really out of
luck on cross-building.

~K