Re: Updating live USB disk with live-rw

2011/4/15 Tomek <tomek_tx@yahoo.com>
--- On Fri, 4/15/11, Marcos Barbosa <marcosestevesbarbosa@gmail.com> wrote:

>Is dangerous because filesystem.squashfs contains kernel modules and if you upgrade them without update kernel and initial ram disk, bad things may be happens.

1. I updated all files in /live folder, initrd and vmlinuz are in there. Am I safe?
I not sure.

2. I've installed additional non-free firmware modules for wifi cards for laptops I use. After update all still works, but I get a gut feeling that this may cause troubles sooner or later.
firmware is piece of cake. normally not change between kernel versions, just firmwares versions itself.

T.

--
Marcos Barbosa <marcosestevesbarbosa@gmail.com>