Re: Simple default ISO generation fails

On 12/14/2011 11:45 AM, Daniel Ellison wrote:
> Isn't this a big issue? I did my best to reproduce the problem in an
> environment that I knew was clean. And it wasn't running in a VM; it was
> on the bare hardware. I was not able to produce a working default Wheezy
> ISO using the instructions in the manual.

I vaguely recall seeing something fly by about /lib/udev/path_id which
may be fixed in git or even in the sid version already, but haven't had
time to do a thorough search of bugs.d.o, git & the package changelogs.
I made a start at it yesterday but since after 5 minutes I still had no
answer, I just didn't answer.

If I had more time, I'd be helping with this one more, but I'm sure you
understand this is a quite busy time of year.

Keep in mind that if you're building wheezy images you are *not* using
the latest versions of some components (e.g. live-boot, live-config and
the corresponding back-end packages that are dependencies of each)
unless you take special measures to use them (see live-manual about that).

Ben