Re: Can't include scientific packages using online CGI builder

On 3/11/2011 2:43 PM, Richard Nelson wrote:
Greetings,

On Fri, Mar 11, 2011 at 9:35 AM, Charles Russell<worwor@bellsouth.net>  wrote:
I have not gotten the online builder to work with any large scientific
package such as R, octave, maxima, or scilab.  Scilab appears to require
some nonfree code, so I can understand why that might fail, but I don't see
anything special about the other packages.

The only message is "The requested URL was not found on this server", hence
no log file. I do not get the promised e-mail notification even when a build
is successful.

Not sure about why you are not getting mailers. I just did a test
build and it emailed me. Below is a quick search of recent builds with
your mail file to assist:

http://live-build.debian.net/build/20110310.235903.664082444/mail

http://live-build.debian.net/build/20110310.235851.131706557/mail

http://live-build.debian.net/build/20110310.151120.752444877/mail

http://live-build.debian.net/build/20110310.235904.120915544/mail

http://live-build.debian.net/build/20110310.152038.364941534/mail

http://live-build.debian.net/build/20110310.235852.111213652/mail

The builds appear to have been successful.

Four of those six URL's I can access now, but the other two return (as they did before):

The requested URL /build/20110310.151120.752444877/mail was not found on this server.
Apache/2.2.17 (Debian) Server at live-build.debian.net Port 80

The requested URL /build/20110310.152038.364941534/mail was not found on this server.
Apache/2.2.17 (Debian) Server at live-build.debian.net Port 80

One of the above URL's that I could now access showed a successful build with octave, putting the lie to my generalization that big scientific packages were not working. I suppose the builds are OK and I'm having trouble connecting to your server. When I was able to download a build, it often appeared later than the expected 5-20 min, and often disappeared well before the posted 24 h.

I looked for the missing mail in the spam folder for both my ISP (AT&T, with mail service contracted to Yahoo) and for my Thunderbird reader, and can't find it. There was some discussion recently on slashdot about ISP whitelists blocking all mail from small independent servers.

Do you have any suggestions, other than to keep trying to connect when I get the "URL not found" message? Is there any obvious reason why not to include all of octave3.2, r-base-core, and maxima?