How do you install Debian Live to a hard drive?

How do you install Debian Live to a hard drive?  I'd like to install Debian Live to a VirtualBox hard drive (which I have successfully done with other distros), make some changes, and then create a new ISO for a modified version of the live CD.

I entered "apt-get install debian-installer" and was able to successfully install the package.  But where do I go from here?

--
Jason Hsu, Linux-literate embedded engineer
(952) 715-7661