Fwd: Debian live binary-hybrid.iso to CD-Media hangs

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Jose R R <jose.r.r@metztli.com>
Date: Thu, Oct 7, 2010 at 11:06 AM
Subject: Re: Debian live binary-hybrid.iso to CD-Media hangs
To: joseph gunn <armadefuego@gmail.com>

On Wed, Oct 6, 2010 at 10:34 PM, joseph gunn <armadefuego@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Oct 7, 2010 at 12:42 AM, Jose R R <jose.r.r@metztli.com> wrote:
>>
>> After much effort bundling a Linux, Apache, MariaDB, PHP, (LAMP), a
>> PHP web application, and creating automatically an database via a init
>> scirpt, I find that burning the binary-hybrid.iso to an CD-media (and
>> subsequently inserting/booting it into another machine) Debian live
>> simply hangs at  1/3 of the way.
>>
> possibly bad CD. or flakey interrupt.

Well, earlier I rebooted my developing machine (where I created the
binary-hybrid.iso image) inserted the hard copy CD and the image
booted appropriately -just as in the VirtualBox instance.

> what boot options do you use?

No options just insert the hard copy CD and (re)boot. I disregard any
issues relevant to hardware in the machine where the cd failed to boot
because I have Debian Lenny installed there whereas in my developing
machine I have Debian Unstable/Experimentlal ;)

--
Jose R R
http://www.metztli-it.com
IBM Lotus Symphony supported on GNU/Linux, Mac OS, and Windows.
Daylight Saving Time in USA & Canada starts: Sunday 08 March 2010