Fwd: Debian live binary-hybrid.iso to CD-Media hangs

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Jose R R <Jose.r.r@metztli-it.com>
Date: Thu, Oct 7, 2010 at 11:47 AM
Subject: Re: Debian live binary-hybrid.iso to CD-Media hangs
To: daniel@debian.org

On Wed, Oct 6, 2010 at 10:58 PM, Daniel Baumann <daniel@debian.org> wrote:
> On 10/07/2010 06:42 AM, Jose R R wrote:
>> Debian live simply hangs at  1/3 of the way.
>
> where exactely?

During the boot process, the letters become so small as to be
unreadable. Thus, my "1/3 of the way" is approximate -based on

> did you try one of the daily images to see if it's a local issue of your
> image, or a generic problem with your hardware?

As I replied to Joseph earlier, the hard copy CD boots appropriately
in my developing machine -where the image was created originally.
Hence, that leads me to suspect some hardware dependencies from the
host might have leaked into the image. How? I do not know. I thought
that the live Debian image is supposed to be abstracted from specific
hardware where it was created.

The following paragraph should be deprecated since there is some Zend
in free PHP: like Zend extensions, memory manager, scripting engine,
etc.
----Begin deprecated paragraph------------------
One thing I noticed earlier (as I was engaged in my efforts) is that
in my host developing machine I had some references to repositories of
Zend, a proprietary implementation of PHP, and those where inherited
by the final live imge even if I *did not* specify those for the live
image repositories.
----End of deprecated paragraph----------------

That leads me to suspect that maybe the Debian Live image is not being
abstracted enough and perhaps is being tainted by certain hardware
dependencies on the local host.

using:

live-build 3.0~a5+20101004.161858
live-helper 2.0.2+20101002.080418~60squeeze+1

Best Professional Regards