automatically starting applications on my live cd

Hello,

I am working on an accessible lenny live cd.

So far everything is going pretty well, however, I want orca to start automatically when the user gets logged in.

I created a generic user on my regular lenny system, and added orca to the startup applications under sessions.

After configuring orca with my desired parameters, and several other customizations to the user, I tarred up the user's home folder , and in my main account where I build the live cd, I untarred the user's home folder under my chroot-_local-includes/etc folder and named it skel so that all those customizations would be available for all users of the livecd.

I generated the livecd without a problem, and booted from it.

brltty started fine, but orca did not start, so once I manually started orca, I checked and orca ws in the startup programs in system -> prefferences -> sessions.

Any ideas?