live-helper and squeeze?

Hi all

I have some hardware that is not supported by lenny. Therefore I want to
build a squeeze image with live-helper. Unfortunately, this fails. Here
is what I did:

------------------
$ cat config/chroot_apt/preferences
Package: squashfs-tools
Pin: version 1:3.3*
Pin-Priority: 999

$ cat config/chroot_sources/debian-lenny.chroot
deb http://localhost/debian/ lenny main
deb-src http://localhost/debian/ lenny main

$ lh_config \
        --apt-recommends disabled \
        --binary-images iso \
        --categories "main contrib non-free" \
        --distribution squeeze \
        --mirror-binary http://ftp.ch.debian.org/debian/ \
        --mirror-bootstrap http://ftp.ch.debian.org/debian/ \
        --mirror-chroot http://ftp.ch.debian.org/debian/ \
        --packages-lists minimal

$ lh_build 2>&1 | tee logfile.txt
------------------

The apt preferences and lenny sources are necessary because of
http://lists.debian.org/debian-live/2009/04/msg00142.html

The resulting image was booting but I could not use the system because I
was greeted by a login prompt instead of a shell. Can you reproduce this
problem? How can I fix it?

Things get worse when I try building a squeeze image with a little bit
more than the minimal package list, e.g. when I use
        --packages-lists standard-x11 \
        --packages "amarok"
building the image fails with the following error messages on the
console:

------------------
Setting up initramfs-tools (0.93.3) ...
update-initramfs: deferring update (trigger activated)
Setting up linux-image-2.6.26-2-486 (2.6.26-17) ...
Running depmod.
Running mkinitramfs-kpkg.
Deprecation WARNING: use update-initramfs(8)
cpio: ./etc/udev/rules.d/libnjb.rules: Cannot stat: No such file or
directory
mkinitramfs-kpkg failed to create initrd image.
Failed to create initrd image.
dpkg: error processing linux-image-2.6.26-2-486 (--configure):
 subprocess installed post-installation script returned error exit
status 9

Again, can you reproduce this problem? How can I fix it?

Greetings

Ronny

--
Ronny Standtke                 Fachhochschule Nordwestschweiz
Dozent Medienpädagogik / ICT   Pädagogische Hochschule