Re: custom live cd

On Fri, Apr 10, 2009 at 01:40:03PM +1000, Daniel Dalton wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to make myself a custom live cd and usb image so I can: take
> my own linux anywhere.

Sanity check: you can simply install Debian on a USB thumb drive.

If things get way too complicated than that using Debian-Live, you may
be heading the wrong way.

> Have accessibility on every machine, and use and
> carry the software I want, and leave the stuff I don't want. I will
> probably release this image if I can get it to work! So could someone
> please help me. Here is what I did.
>
> I installed live-helper and did:
> cd /tmp
> mkdir livecd
> cd livecd
> sudo lh_config -a i386 -d lenny --categories main contrib non-free -p gnome --packages audacity gnome-orca brltty rhythmbox --packages-lists /home/daniel/stuff/packages.list
> cd ~
> cp file1 file2 file3... /tmp/livecd/config/includes/home/user
> (I just created home/user, includes was already there from lh_config)
> Then:
> sudo lh_build
>
> It took a while and did some things, installed lots of packages and then
> created a binary.iso file.

Why not go for a usb-hdd type of installation?

--binary-images usb-hdd

--
               Tzafrir Cohen
icq#16849755              jabber:tzafrir.cohen@xorcom.com