RE: How to resize ramdisk?

[resending as this doesn't seem to have reached the list]

Michael Creel wrote:
> There is a boot parameter for this,
> see:http://www.nabble.com/increasing-ramdisk-tc20833699.html

I tried that parameter (ramdisk_size=N) but it seems to be silently ignored. Whatever value I put for N I still got a 128 MB ramdisk. Are you sure this parameter is also valid for Debian live cd? I didn't find it in the documentation. Maybe it is a Knoppix or other live cd specific option.

Alex Owen wrote:
> I think the ramdisk is now an initramfs loaded into a ramfs.. so by
> deleting stuff at runtime should free up memory

Sorry, I do not understand you. What are you suggesting that I should delete? If I am not mistaken the live cd filesystem is a unionfs which means that the ramdisk is used to store the *diff* from the read-only filesystem on the cd. Thus the ramdisk should start empty and if I delete stuff, ramdisk usage will actually *increase*. Is that wrong?

Gerardo