Re: Debian Live Lenny with live-getty on serial port

Le lun 15 déc 2008 10:11:28 CET, Mark Gannon <mark@truenorth.nu> a
écrit :

> Folks,
>
> I'm trying to build a Debian Live USB implementation based on Lenny.  I would
> like to redirect the login prompt from VGA to the serial port.
>
> In reading through past posts on the subject, the following boot paramters
> should work:
>
> live live-getty console=ttyS0,38400n8
>
> The only content that appears on the serial interface is the console output.
> There is never a login prompt.

	Hello,

  I'm using debian-live system through a serial port with following
kernel cmdline :

boot=live live-getty [... other options...] console=tty0 console=ttyS1,115200n8

so your system should work. Which live-helper/live-initramfs versions
did you use ? If your system has also VGA output, do you have logins on
virtual consoles ?
  Or perhaps your problem comes from your customization ? you could try
to add a ssh server to your live system to connect to it by net and see
what is going on...

  hope it helps,
	Fred.