syslinux splash screen?

On Wed, Feb 27, 2008 at 2:48 PM, Justin Pryzby <
justinpryzby at users.sourceforge.net> wrote:

> On Wed, Feb 27, 2008 at 09:55:38AM +0100, Michael Creel wrote:
> > On Wed, Feb 27, 2008 at 8:47 AM, Michael Creel <michael.creel at uab.es>
> wrote:

> splash
> image
> any
> > > >

> http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/debian-live-devel/2007-December/002954.html

> is
> or
> ATM.

> size,
> > > or satisfy any other requirements?
> > > M.
> > >

> > I have tried this without success. The splash.png I used was 640x400,
> > indexed with 14 colors. I used the lh_config switch --syslinux-splash
> > "path/splash.png"
> >
> > I find that if I mount the generated ISO image, the file
> /isolinux/boot.txt
> > contains what appears to me to be an unexpanded variable: {$SPLASH}. Is
> > $SPLASH passed in as a variable at boot time somehow, or is this an
> error?
> I don't know.  What version d-l (png support is only in recent
> d-l/syslinux)?
>
> Did you look for errors?  Use my grep |sed expr if it'll help.
>
> Justin

Well, switching back to live-helper-1.0-a37 solved the problem. From that I
conclude that my script is ok. There must either be a bug with the current
git version of live-helper, or the correct method has changed.  That bit
about the unexpanded variable  I mentioned before makes me think there is a
bug.