Problem with running the image

Philippe Lhardy wrote:

> 2008/2/14, Hilda <gonzalezm.hilda at gmail.com
> <mailto:gonzalezm.hilda at gmail.com>>:
>
>     Hi people, i need your help. I am trying to make a live cd, i am final
>     user but understand the basic concepts. Well, i am using debian sid
>     and the process of build the image are successful [1]. The problem is
>     running it with qemu (and virtualbox), because i get:
>
>     BusyBox v1.1.3 (Debian 1:1.1.3-4) Built-in shell (ash)
>       Enter 'help' for a list of built-in commands.
>
>       /bin/sh: can't access tty; job control turned off
>       (initramfs)
>

> AFIAK
> lenny is broken due to squashsf-tools providing a mksquashfs that
> generate a squasfh filesystem unsupported by lenny kernel modules
> and sid kernel module for squashfs is broken too.
> I am waiting for ... fixes.
>
> Philippe.

Hey,

I build my live system using debootstrap and chroot. I build debian
lenny, patched my kernel for squashfs and unionfs and it works fine
without encryption. I don't see any problems with sqaushfs-tools
provided by the lenny-mirror. I read a couple of days ago that an live
system needs an user with a uid below 1000 for some kind of reason....

Greets

Heiko