ctrl-alt-f2 does not get prompt
- Subject: ctrl-alt-f2 does not get prompt
- From: jordipujolp at gmail.com (Jordi Pujol)
- Date: Sun, 3 Feb 2008 13:01:40 +0100
- Message-id: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- In-reply-to: <1202039160.15060.7.camel@localhost>
- References: <1202039160.15060.7.camel@localhost>
The system user is not set and can't login into the OS ?
that is a bug in lenny, see previous threads,
El Sunday 03 February 2008 12:46:00 Tim Richardson va escriure:
> I made a binary.img and wrote it to my USB stick. The system boots into
> the GDM prompt. I try to open a console via CTRL-ATL-F2 but there is no
> login prompt.
> ctrl-alt-f1 shows the console messages
> INIT: Id "3" respawning too fast: disabled for 5 minutes
> INIT: Id "5" respawning too fast: disabled for 5 minutes
> INIT: Id "4" respawning too fast: disabled for 5 minutes
> INIT: Id "1" respawning too fast: disabled for 5 minutes
> I can not log in at the graphical login but I gather that is normal.
> >From searching here and elsewhere, it seems that I must get to a console
> and setup a password.
> this is how I made the image and prepared the usb stick
> lh_config -b usb-hdd -p gnome-core -m http://ftp.debian.org/debian/ -d
> dd if=binary.img of=/dev/sda
> debian-live-devel mailing list
> debian-live-devel at lists.alioth.debian.org