apt-cacher and debian-live --debian-installer enabled (Re: d-l and installer, woes)

Just and newbie here and just trying to clear some confusion. I had tried
debian live some 3 months ago and was successful. I was using live-helper
and make-live commands.  I had not installed debian-installer then. My
question is, after you install debian installer and make cd, will it be
live-cd or installer-cd? Does the above command --debian-installer install
d-i automatically or do we have to install debian -installer in chroot
environment.
-Basanta