Re: future of lintian.d.o?

Hi Holger,

On 22/08/22 at 11:34 +0000, Holger Levsen wrote:
> hi,
>
> first: it's great that lintian is under active development again!
> second: it's great that UDD now has up2date information from current lintian runs!
>
> (I've bcc:ed abe@d.o and lucas@d.o out of courtesy, so they see this but
> won't get every reply cc:ed.)
>
> Now my questions, as raised on #debian-qa:
>
> < h01ger> lintian.d.o used to show verbose information how to fix those issues
>           found. now on eg https://udd.debian.org/lintian/?packages=munin
>           i cannot find that. are there plans to add this back?
> < h01ger> and is there a bug tracker for udd.d.o/lintian?
> < h01ger> and are there plans to shutdown lintian.d.o or redirect it to
>           udd.d.o/lintian?
>

> The 2nd question I could answer myself by now:
> https://wiki.debian.org/UltimateDebianDatabase/ is pointed out in the footer
> of every UDD page, and that pages points to
> https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?tag=udd;users=qa.debian.org@packages.debian.org
> for UDD bugs.
>
> Shall I just file a bug for question 1 and 3?

Questions 1 and 3 are related.

I asked DSA about lintian.d.o in
https://lists.debian.org/debian-qa/2022/07/msg00006.html but got no
reply yet.

I think that the verbose information you mention is the one provided by
'lintian -i' or 'lintian-explain-tags'. It would be easy to add that
information to UDD (and then expose it on the web interface), but I'd
like to see the future of lintian.d.o clarified first so that efforts
are not duplicated.

There's also the question of whether UDD should provide a tag-centric
view in addition to the current maintainer/package-centric view.
(see also #1016188). I haven't made up my mind about it. The counter
argument is that it's quite easy to just use SQL if you want to find
packages affected by a specific tag.

Lucas