increasing default lintian verbosity?

Hi all,

One thing I see on debian-mentors a lot is a mismatch between the
default configuration of lintian (used by most new people) and the
configuration of people reviewing packages (much more verbose). This
comes up a lot, resulting in people needing to explain the difference a
lot and people cargo-culting lintian shell aliases and configuration
files. I propose that the default configuration file be changed to
something more verbose, perhaps something like what I use (see below).
People may complain that lintian has become too annoying, but I would
suggest that ~/.lintianrc provides for these folks and that an entry in
the NEWS.Debian file would be enough to pacify them.

pabs@chianamo ~ $ cat ~/.lintianrc
info=yes
display-info=yes
display-experimental=yes