Re: DFD09 March 25

On Wed, 2009-03-25 at 17:15 -0300, Barbara Figueirido wrote:
> Hello all!
> ter wrote:
> > On Wed, 2009-03-25 at 07:24 -0300, Barbara Figueirido wrote:
> > This reminds me - how about a new category/metapackage for
> > Confidentiality (not quite the same as security)? It is very important
> > to practice in the US (elsewhere too?), but which is not being addressed
> > even in the non-FOSS world, maybe due to a lack of awareness of how to
> > use encryption tools. It could be an area where DebianLex could shine!
> >

> Certainly! I don't know if it would amount to a category, but may well
> be so.
> Adding the category as a working idea seems great. I think it should
> comprise encription, PKI, digital signatures & the like, there is quite
> a lot of relevant and well established (FOSS) software around.
Hi Barbara and Kevin,

I just added this to the working page
http://wiki.debian.org/DebianLex/ProposedMetapackages . It's the first
item to reduce scrolling. It's empty - so it would be great if you can
list all the relevant Debian packages, don't bother with the details to
begin with. Both of you seem already into using all these tools. We'll
go from there.

Thanks,
Elaine