Re: Yet another list statistics for debian-lex

On Sun, 8 Mar 2009, ter wrote:

I would like to read more about debian-med. I remember debian-lex was
trying to tee off debian-med, but it was informal. So now all the wisdom
has become vested in blends-dev and blends-common?

Yes.

blends-dev is not in
etch, the only Debian I can reach right now (writing in Ubuntu). Is it
in testing, unstable? I'll ask the noob questions on debian-custom.

Well, currently blends-* is only in experimental because we undergone a
name change from "Custom Debian Distributions" to "Debian Pure Blends" [1].
If you use cdd-common and cdd-dev from Etch ... well, rather Lenny -
I think we might have left compatibility with the cdd-* in Etch - you
gain the same functionality and the new blends source package creates
cdd-common and cdd-dev compatibility package with wrappers.  I just
kept it in the experimental sandbox to make sure everything works fine
for all Blends.  You might expect an upload to unstable around April.
So using cdd-* is fine - just have a look at the debian-med or debian-science
packages in Lenny (or testing/unstable).

oriented list will be created hopefully soon (you might support this
by adding your opinion to http://bugs.debian.org/514023 by sending a mail
be informed about new Blends related techniques or to influence decisions
about these techniques.
Done.

Thanks.

I would make use of all the tools that are already all provided, mailing
list, wiki, and now a blends subproject. What luxury.

:-)

It's not too overwhelming, but overwhelming enough, especially at about
10 on Sun. eve. But I see some things are moving ...

As I said: Feel free to ask if something remains unclear.  Just for your
information: I just pushed tasks files for Debian Accessibility project
into the blends SVN.  They are in about the same situation as Debian Lex
to start with this technique.

Kind regards

       Andreas.

[1] http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2008/11/msg00001.html