Re: Intro, Lex, OpenOffice

Sorry for being so silent for a month, I've been inundated with things
as diverse as work, end of year tax returns, and a leading role in a
play (!) so that what I was supposed to be doing on Debian-Lex has
suffered, but it is now top priority again so I expect within the next
week I will be releasing (but probably not uploading, yet) early
versions of three packages:

* lex-common (to set up our custom tags and group and launch an installer)
* subproject-common-dev (development tools)
* lex-schema (a database schema package)
* lex-doc (a documentation package)
* (maybe soon after) SQL-Ledger

I will put these up in CVS so that we can collaborate on them. Meanwhile
it would be nice if people could look at the packages listed at
http://www.debian.org/devel/debian-lex/software.html and either work on
packaging them for Debian or at least ruling them in or out of
consideration for inclusion in the distribution.

Also, Elvieho Macgrow has contributed a Legal Tux.  This is now at
http://www.debian.org/devel/debian-lex (or it will be as soon as the Web
site replicates in maybe a couple of hours).  What do you think about
this as a logo?

--
JEREMY MALCOLM <Jeremy@Malcolm.id.au> Personal: http://www.malcolm.id.au
Providing online networks of Australian lawyers (http://www.ilaw.com.au)