I was thinking about adding something like this in each file header:

Author: Fwknop developers (see AUTHORS file
           - https://github.com/mrash/fwknop/blob/master/AUTHORS)
Copyright: 2012-2014 Fwknop developers and contributors
           (see https://github.com/mrash/fwknop/blob/master/CREDITS)

The CREDITS file could provide contributor email address. This way there is no
need to worry to put all copyright holders in each file (file scope).

Would this be ok?

Regards,

--
Franck Joncourt