Re: Non-free postscript code in EPS image

On Wed, Aug 01, 2012 at 06:24:25AM +0000, Bart Martens wrote:

> > > If there is a hint to distrust what people claim about their work,
> > > I see no way how a judge could believe a "But I was told it is" if one
> > > did not at least check what hints one got.
> >
> > > If someone claims he has a license from Adobe, then well, believe him
> > > unless you run into some statement from Adobe that they do not give
> > > away any licenses like that. If someone just claims it is under a free
> > > license but does not even refer to those parts having a different copyright,
> > > then it gets unlikely enough in my eyes that one has to assume the default
> > > of the law: no permission at all.
> >
> > This notion of documenting the copyright of every single line of every
> > single file is a new development in Debian - and not a healthy one.
>
> Every copyright notice means that there is at least a part copyrighted by the
> mentioned copyright holder.

Every? Like this one, that can be found in /bin/true on some systems?

#     Copyright (c) 1984 AT&T
#       All Rights Reserved

#     THIS IS UNPUBLISHED PROPRIETARY SOURCE CODE OF AT&T
#     The copyright notice above does not evidence any
#     actual or intended publication of such source code.

#ident        "@(#)cmd/true.sh        50.1"

(and the file had *no* other content)