OpenCASCADE re-licensing: a (desperate) call for help

Hello members of debian-science and of debian-legal,
I am writing a (desperate) call for help.

As some of you already know, oce [1] is the Debian package of OCE [2],
a fork of OpenCASCADE Technology [3].

[1] http://packages.qa.debian.org/o/oce.html
[2] https://github.com/tpaviot/oce/wiki
[3] http://www.opencascade.org/

Its license is the Open CASCADE Technology Public License, which is by
itself acceptable [4] (from a DFSG point of view), but
GPLv2-incompatible.

[4] https://lists.debian.org/debian-legal/2007/12/msg00077.html

There are a number of packages which link with both OCE and
GPLv2-licensed libraries, and are thus actually undistributable.
One was salome [5], but it has been removed from Debian for various
reasons.
Other packages affected by this issue are freecad [6], gmsh [7], and
netgen [8].

[5] http://bugs.debian.org/619662
[6] http://bugs.debian.org/617613
[7] http://bugs.debian.org/617931
[8] http://bugs.debian.org/618968

I am personally trying hard to persuade Open CASCADE S.A.S. (the
company behind Open CASCADE Technology) to re-license Open CASCADE
Technology under GPLv2-compatible terms, in order to solve this issue
once and for all.
I have been pestering Open CASCADE S.A.S. since April 2009...

Unfortunately, latest news [9] is that they postponed the decision
(again!).

[9] http://dev.opencascade.org/index.php?q=node/31#comment-63

However, several months have passed since February 2012 (at least for
some definition of "several"!).
Hence, I've recently resumed my persuasion effort.

But I need help from other people.
*Many* other people.
As I repeatedly stated in the bug log [6] of #617613 (especially,
please read at least the original report [10]), other people should
contact Open CASCADE S.A.S. and try to persuade them to re-license Open
CASCADE Technology under GPLv2-compatible terms (for instance, under
the GNU LGPL v2.1).
If nobody helps me in this persuasion struggle, I am afraid that the
only solution will be to remove the above-mentioned packages from
Debian, which is always a sad defeat!

[10] http://bugs.debian.org/617613#5

Thanks for any help you can provide!

P.S.: I am subscribed to debian-legal, but not to debian-science:
hence, no need to Cc me, as long as debian-legal is in the loop.

--
 http://www.inventati.org/frx/frx-gpg-key-transition-2010.txt
 New GnuPG key, see the transition document!