Re: issues with the AGPL

Greg Harris <glharris@panix.com> writes:

> (It ought to be remembered that contracts (including licenses) …

Whoa. Since when is a copyright license considered a contract?
Contracts require multipartite negotiation; I can't negotiate the
terms of a software license in most cases.

Free-software licenses especially are (by definition) unilateral
grants of permission, so I can't see how you lump them under contract.

--
 \                “I got fired from my job the other day. They said my |
  `\          personality was weird. … That's okay, I have four more.” |