Re: Short copyright notice in script file

On Sun, Mar 15, 2009 at 10:56:01AM +0100, Francesco Poli wrote:
> I think this is a bit vague, since there's no clear explicit
> definition of "public domain" in copyright laws I am aware of.

Laws don't define all the phrases they use, and they generally avoid defining
phrases they don't use.  This one is probably not defined because the laws do not
actually need to use the phrase.  Aside from some people incorrectly using
"public domain" as a synonym for "shareware" (and similar misuses), I am not
aware of any serious dispute as to what the term means.

--
Antti-Juhani Kaijanaho, Jyväskylä, Finland
http://antti-juhani.kaijanaho.fi/newblog/