Re: Short copyright notice in script file

Alexander Block <ablock@blocksoftware.net> writes:

> So does this mean that it's not possible to use this script inside
> Debian?

It means that Debian has no license to redistribute the work.

> If not, I'm going to ask the author (Matt Johnston) if he can send
> me a version with a modified copyright notice.

You would do well to recommend he choose an existing license that is
widely used, long examined, and known to result in works that are free
software.

The Expat license terms <URL:http://www.jclark.com/xml/copying.txt>
are very simple and seem closest to his apparent intent.

--
 \     “A cynic is a man who, when he smells flowers, looks around for |
  `\                                      a coffin.” —Henry L. Mencken |