Re: discussion with the FSF: GPLv3, GFDL, Nexenta

Le jeudi 24 mai 2007 à 10:54 -0700, Don Armstrong a écrit :
>    This License shall be governed by the law of the jurisdiction
>    specified in a notice contained within the Original Software
>    (except to the extent applicable law, if any, provides otherwise),
>    excluding such jurisdiction's conflict-of-law provisions. Any
>    litigation relating to this License shall be subject to the
>    jurisdiction of the courts located in the jurisdiction and venue
>    specified in a notice contained within the Original Software, with
>    the losing party responsible for costs, including, without
>    limitation, court costs and reasonable attorneys' fees and
>    expenses.

Please stop the choice-of-law bullshit. This clause is moot, we can
ignore it.

>    [...]
>    You agree that You alone are responsible for compliance with the
>    United States export administration regulations (and the export
>    control laws and regulation of any other countries) when You use,
>    distribute or otherwise make available any Covered Software.
>
> It's not appropriate for a Free Software license to require users of
> software to give up rights that they would normaly have in their own
> jurisdiction.

Being responsible for compliance does not mean compliance is necessary
for using the software. Even if it would, US law only applies to US
citizens; there's no way a Russian can violate these regulations.

--
 .''`.