Re: Apache v2.0 and LGPL

"James Westby" <jw+debian@jameswestby.net> wrote in message [🔎] 20060919023857.GW6871@jameswestby.net">news:[🔎] 20060919023857.GW6871@jameswestby.net...
Hi,

I have what I believe will be a fairly simple question (at least I hope
so).

I am looking at packaging mod_gnutls, a work that is under the Apache
Software License v2.0, and links against GnuTLS, which is under the
LGPL, 2.1 or later.

I have seen that there is a little concern over Apache + GPL, does this
also apply to the LGPL.

I saw one thread on this list from 2002 on this subject, but that
involved about three other licenses and was inconclusive.

Can someone tell me what you get when you mix these two DFSG-free
licenses?

Apachee plus LGPL is fine, absolutely no problem.
A side effect of the ability to use the LGPL code in propeitary-licenced software is that it can also be used with almost all other free licences that are GPL-incompatible.