Re: Generating VST headers

En/na Free Ekanayaka ha escrit:
>   JSP> I should warn you. You won't be the first one trying this. Others have
>   JSP> already failed, including me.
>
> It sounds rather scaring :(

Considering the guy who was making the Ubuntu package failed, I don't
think you're gonna do better.

> Is dssi-vst equivalent  to  fst in  terms  of  number of  working  VST
> plugins and stability?

You should read its README, it shows good and bad points. I'm not a
dssi-vst user but I know it has its author's blessing to be distributed
(concerning binaries). And I can't test fst since I can't build it
(sorry, I won't use that binary package).
Have you thought about packaging an installer?

>   JSP> I see FST is a C project. I could adapt the header to work with C but
>   JSP> that'll have to wait.
>
> That would be good..

Mmmm, I've had a look at FST source. It needs more work than I expected.
Unlike those other projects, FST needs tweaking and I'm afraid there's
still more research to do.

It won't be easy. You'll need:
- Upstream to cooperate. Otherwise, you'll have to keep the changes.
- Help from someone not bound to Steinberg's license to extend the
header (I've already achieved my goal, so not interested).

Bye.