Re: Licence for a file in tstat: is it compatible with Debian?

On (09/09/06 17:20), Sandro Tosi wrote:
> Hi all,
> while in RFS-phase of the package tstat has come out that file
> ``erf.c'' has licence near to BSD, and that its 4th clause is on the
> edge to accepted in Debian (see this thread
> http://lists.debian.org/debian-mentors/2006/08/msg00201.html on
> debian-mentors for discussion about it).
>
> I'd like to ask you to kindly check if this package could be included
> in main archive of Debian.

Summary for those who don't want to grab the package.

Most of the package is GPL, with various Copyright holders. There is a
file (erf.c) that has different copyright holders to any other file, and
is BSD licensed. The source is compiled and linked in to the executable.

Is the resulting software distributable?

James

--
  James Westby   --    GPG Key ID: B577FE13    --     http://jameswestby.net/
  seccure key - (3+)k7|M*edCX/.A:n*N!>|&7U.L#9E)Tu)T0>AM - secp256r1/nistp256