gbdfed license of one file
I'm packaging gbdfed and in reviewing the license of the source files I
found the following notice:
* - You can use this code for any purpose and without fee, except that
* you may distribute only verbatim copies of it. Please send me any
* bug fixes, ports or improvements for inclusion in future versions.
* - The code is supplied with no warranty of any kind.
This seems non-free to me due to the "distribute only verbatim copies"
part, but I wanted to check that before I contact the upstream author.
The rest of the code uses the following license:
* Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a
* copy of this software and associated documentation files (the
* to deal in the Software without restriction, including without limitation
* the rights to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense,
* and/or sell copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the
* Software is furnished to do so, subject to the following conditions:
* The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be
* all copies or substantial portions of the Software.
* THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND,
* IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY,
* FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL
* THE COMPUTING RESEARCH LAB OR NEW MEXICO STATE UNIVERSITY BE LIABLE
* CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT
* OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR
* THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.
Which seems good to me.
p.s. Not subscribed, please cc me on all correspondence.