Re: compartibility of license of Wild Magic library with the Debian main and non-free repositories

On Tuesday 21 March 2006 15:48, Dominik Margraf wrote:
> I have come across with the Wild Magic library, which has its own license
> and has not been debianized to date.  Here is the link to the license
> agreement:
>
> http://www.geometrictools.com/License/WildMagic3License.pdf
>
> It looks like that is has a qt4-like license style.  Therefore would this
> license meet the requirements of the Debian main repository?

Section 1.(c) seems to prevent you from taking the software as-is and
selling it, which seems like it goes against DFSG #1, or at least is *very*
borderline.

> If not, would it be possible to be uploaded to the non-free repository
> instead?

The spirit of the license (especially given the heavy-handed preample)
doesn't feel like "main" material to me.

I think it's clearly distributable in non-free, however.

--
Wesley J. Landaker <wjl@icecavern.net> <xmpp:wjl@icecavern.net>