Re: cdrtools - GPL code with CDDL build system

On Sun, 19 Mar 2006, Måns Rullgård wrote:
> Given only the source files, writing a makefile that will produce a
> working executable is fairly simple. I see makefiles as more of a
> convenience than a necessity to build a program.

You could extend this argument to any segment of sourcecode in the
program. Since the output that you get from the compiler is dependent
on the way in which the compiler was called, just like the way in
which the source code was written determines the object code you get
out, this argument isn't terribly persuasive.

Don Armstrong

--
You could say she lived on the edge... Well, maybe not exactly on the edge,
just close enough to watch other people fall off.