Re: Question about upstream duty as regards with OpenSSL

On 10596 March 1977, Pierre Machard wrote:

> I am wondering what an upstream author was supposed to do  in  order  to
> publish a sotfware under GPL when it is using OpenSSL? (Note that I am
> involved in the software developement so I can obviously propose to rewrite
> some parts of the licence)

My standard ssl-rejection template for that is:

--8<------------------------schnipp------------------------->8---
while looking at your package in NEW I discovered that it is
linking against openssl, itself beeing GPL licensed.
Sorry, but this doesnt work, the OpenSSL license and the GPL are
incompatible. For more information, and a link to give to your
upstream please visit
http://www.openssl.org/support/faq.html#LEGAL2 or/and
http://www.gnome.org/~markmc/openssl-and-the-gpl.html

After this is fixed feel free to upload your package again.

Ie Upstream adding the exception from one of those two links is enough
to make it work.

--
bye Joerg
(Irgendwo von heise.de):