Re: Question about upstream duty as regards with OpenSSL

Pierre Machard <pmachard@debian.org> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I am wondering what an upstream author was supposed to do  in  order  to
> publish a sotfware under GPL when it is using OpenSSL? (Note that I am
> involved in the software developement so I can obviously propose to rewrite
> some parts of the licence)
>
> I read http://lists.debian.org/debian-legal/2004/05/msg00595.html Do you
> think it is still an acceptable solution?

Yes.  If I were the upstream author of a GPL'ed package, I might try
to find shorter wording, but that wording looks fine in terms of
resolving the license incompatibility.

(I suggest you ignore the rabidly anti-FSF troll.  I think he is
missing some necessary medications.)

Michael Poole