Re: Results for Debian's Position on the GFDL

Joey Hess wrote:

> Attempts to legislate pi are always questionable, and when you ask a
> majority of uninformed voters[3] to choose between items, it's natural
> for the compromise to win, and not unheard of for it to end up "3".

I agree wholeheartedly, but I'm not exactly sure how else to proceed. I
don't think /anyone/ who is part of the consensus here is too happy with
the outcome of this GR.

Alas, now that pi != 4*atan(1), how shall we proceed? Interpreting
licenses and the DFSG is nowhere near as clear as mathematics and,
unfortunately, just ignoring the GR would, I think, make us look like
sore losers.