Academic Free License 1.1

Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org>
> Academic Free License 2.1 has been discussed here before and is
> IIRC non-free, how about version 1.1? License follows: [...]

What software of interest is under this licence?

> Mutual Termination for Patent Action. This License shall terminate
> automatically and You may no longer exercise any of the rights granted to You
> by this License if You file a lawsuit in any court alleging that any OSI
> Certified open source software that is licensed under any license containing
> this "Mutual Termination for Patent Action" clause infringes any patent claims
> that are essential to use that software.

Termination clause that covers other distinct software, breaking
DFSG 9 (License Must Not Contaminate Other Software).

Stopping analysis after spotting one clear problem, due to lack
of motive and hard-to-read nature of this licence.  It also seems
to use copyright to try to enforce a sort of "super-trademark"
which I suspect also breaks guidelines somehow.

Hope that helps,
--
MJR/slef