Re: [Portaudio] Re: portaudio in Debian, license updates?

Hello Junichi

Can you please identify yourself as someone who has legal qualification to make the following assertions. I am concerned that any arbitrary Debian user can take offence to our license without reasonable legal grounds. I simply do not know who you are.

I've opened bugs now, I don't know if it hasn't happened before.
Please Cc' the respective bugs so that we know it's fixed either way.

The possible options that I see are:

1. audacity/portaudio are removed from Debian

2. license text is modified so that it clarifies that the 'request' is
  a non-binding request which is optional and not a mandatory section.

From my point of view this matter was discussed at length a number of years
ago and as a result Debian decided to include PortAudio in main -- to me this indicates that a decision was made to allow the intended interpretation of our current license. I understand that such decisions may not be final however you are asking me to spend a considerable amount of my time organising for the license to be revised.. and right now I am not getting a clear picture that this is absolutely necessary.

Best wishes

Ross.