Re: Free documents using non-free fonts - can they be in main?

bas@debian.org wrote:

>I think not.  AFAIK, the binaries in main must be built from the sources
>in main, which wouldn't be possible in the case you're describing.
This is not true and has never been true.
The requirement is that it must be *possible* to build our packages only
using packages in main, but not that it's mandatory to rebuild every
part of them every time the package is built.

--
ciao,
Marco