Re: Packaging fst and dssi-vst

|--==> Mark Hymers writes:

  MH> Well, first of all, DSSI itself is in Debian main already (see pkg-dssi
  MH> on alioth) and doesn't require the VST SDK to build.

  MH> Some plugins for
  MH> dssi may require the VST SDK and will need to be in non-free as far as I
  MH> can tell, however there are other plugins written directly for DSSI
  MH> which are GPL/BSD/whatever from scratch.

Sorry, I was actually meaning the dssi-vst plugin, not the base dssi
engine. See

http://dssi.sourceforge.net/download.html

under the dssi-vst section.

The other   dssi plugins, though   fully free,  can't handle  the  VST
instruments,  many   of  which  are  of common  use   in  the field of
proprietary audio systems, and are becoming popular on GNU/Linux audio
platforms too.

Cheers,

Free