Bug#354898: [Portaudio] Re: portaudio in Debian, license updates?
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: Bug#354898: [Portaudio] Re: portaudio in Debian, license updates?
- From: Junichi Uekawa <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Thu, 02 Mar 2006 07:37:56 +0900
- Message-id: <[🔎] email@example.com>
- Reply-to: Junichi Uekawa <firstname.lastname@example.org>, email@example.com
- In-reply-to: <20060220041918.GI26711@volo.donarmstrong.com>
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <43F7F5FC.firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <Pine.GSO.4.63.0602182058270.4363@turing> <14d001c6351a$2ec25f70$e7258890@Psilocybin> <Pine.GSO.4.63.0602191620020.963@turing> <1ba501c635d0$30759600$e7258890@Psilocybin> <20060220041918.GI26711@volo.donarmstrong.com>
I'm filing a bugreport against audacity in case we forget at all.
It kind of sneaked in; without a resolution this package should be removed from Debian.
> [1 <text/plain; us-ascii (quoted-printable)>]
> On Mon, 20 Feb 2006, Ross Bencina wrote:
> > [someone said]
> > >Or, if the "request" clause is not removed from the license, I would
> > >like to see it clarified as follows:
> > >
> > > Any person wishing to distribute modifications to the Software is
> > > requested BUT NOT REQUIRED to send the modifications to the original
> > > developer so that they can be incorporated into the canonical version.
> > If we changed it to this would debian-legal be happy?
> That would be fine; it's not absolutely essential so long as it's
> clear that it's a non-binding request, and that you interpret it as a
> non-binding request. [That said, if you're going to touch the license
> at all, it would be a nice thing to clarify, or move out of the
> license text itself.]
> Don Armstrong
> Q: What Can a Thoughtful Man Hope for Mankind on Earth, Given the
> Experience of the Past Million Years?
> A: Nothing.
> -- Bokonon _The Fourteenth Book of Bokonon_ (Vonnegut _Cats Cradle_)
> http://www.donarmstrong.com http://rzlab.ucr.edu
> [2 Digital signature <application/pgp-signature (7bit)>]