Re: A new practical problem with invariant sections?

Craig Sanders <cas@taz.net.au> writes:

> there's nothing in the GFDL that prevents you from doing that. the
> capabilities of your medium are beyond the ability of the GFDL (or any
> license) to control.

This is hardly true.  The GFDL says you must transmit the original
Japanese text in the case in question, and so if you cannot do so in a
given medium, then you cannot use that medium to transmit the text.

> no, it's lying arseholes like you who aren't listening. like every other
> argument against the GFDL and every other alleged "proof" that the GFDL
> is non-free, this is a mere CONVENIENCE ISSUE, not a FREEDOM ISSUE. the
> DFSG does not require convenience, it only requires freedom.

Ah, once Craig insisted to me that he would never ever read my email
messages.  Either that was a lie, or heeys'changed his mind.

Regardless, more's the pity.

I hope that Craig, if he reads this, will not read any more of them.

Thomas