Re: Ironies abound

Scripsit Josh Triplett <josh@freedesktop.org>

> It would be useful, before proposing a GR to do so, to have a list of
> all the packages currently in main which would become non-free if this
> clause were abolished, as well as any well-known licenses which might be
> affected.

Did we ever find concrete evidence that TeX comes with a license to
create modified versions under different names? The copyright notice
at the top of tex.web presents only the patch option, and
/usr/share/doc/tetex-bin/copyright is not of much help.

--
Henning Makholm          "Ambiguous cases are defined as those for which the
                       compiler being used finds a legitimate interpretation