Re: CDDL, OpenSolaris, Choice-of-venue and the star package ...
- To: Sven Luther <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Cc: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: CDDL, OpenSolaris, Choice-of-venue and the star package ...
- From: Joerg Jaspert <email@example.com>
- Date: Thu, 08 Sep 2005 15:10:56 +0200
- Message-id: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- In-reply-to: <20050908123005.GA23549@localhost.localdomain>
- References: <20050906230421.GU1747@schuldei.org> <20050906230421.GU1747@schuldei.org> <20050907001650.GA4110@localhost.localdomain> <E1ECnus-0003Waemail@example.com> <20050907003910.GA4306@localhost.localdomain> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <20050907124759.GD1676@keitarou.queanbeyan.bubblesworth.net> <20050907214815.GA23389@tennyson.dodds.net> <20050908081450.GA21495@localhost.localdomain> <20050908090612.GC28013@tennyson.dodds.net> <20050908123005.GA23549@localhost.localdomain>
Sven Luther schrieb:
> Notice that we already accepted a CDDLed program in debian, namely the star
> packages which comes with this clause :
> So, i wonder why it was accepted, if it was non-free. But maybe we just passed
> it up silently and didn't notice ? Who was the ftp-master responsible for
> letting this one enter the archive, and can he comment on this ?
Please look up facts before you go this road.
Took about ten seconds to find out it was GPL before upstream relicensed
and debian maint just copied that.
Write a bug against the package if its non-free is your option now.