Re: Re: How can I mix GFDL and GPL sources?

Anthony DeRobertis <anthony@derobert.net> schrieb am 30.04.05 19:45:08:
> Most likely, you can't because Wikipedia is GFDL, last I heard.
> No. You'll have to check /usr/share/doc/PACKAGE/copyright to see what
> license they're under. Probably the same as the rest of the package.
> This is just a list of facts, and as such is not copyrightable. Its in
> the public domain.
> No. Once again, that's probably under /usr/share/doc/PACKAGE/copyright,
> but I don't think anyone's really wondered this before. That's a good
> question, though.
> You probably can't mix GPL and GFDL materials (The GPL and GFDL both
> demand you distribute under their own terms only, and you obviously
> can't do both, since the terms are different).
> You'd need to get permission from the copyright holders, get the FSF to
> fix the GFDL so its GPL-compatible (or vice versa, but I shudder at that
> thought!), or have Congress repeal large sections of Title 17 [or your
> country's legislative body do similar things to your laws].
>
> Sorry for the bad news :-(

Thanks for the clear explanations. And never mind: I think I just found
a way: I am going to make two documents, one with the Debian contents
and one with the wikipedia contents. And the two will be loosely linked
together (by hyperlinks).

Regards
Gueven Bay