Re: mozilla thunderbird trademark restrictions / still dfsg free?

asac@jwsdot.com wrote:
>OK, let's say I rename the package to 'somebird' and want to produce a good
>package for debian. Should I use a patched orig.tar.gz or is it ok to
>distribute the source as provided by upstream (of course without the
>trademarked icons) and patch the rest (e.g. thunderbird mozilla) during
>build?

As long as we're discussing names....

I kind of like "somebird", actually.  It's cute and non-confusing.  :-)

For firefox, "iceweasel" has the amusing advantage of being directly in the
Mozilla trademark licencing policy, thanks to my use of that name really
early in the discussion.  :-)  It might be pretty easy to "standardize" it
among different "option 3" distributors for that reason.

Of course, it is now in use as the abstract name for a renamed version, so
maybe it wouldn't be so good to use it for a specific version.

A name for the suite is hard.