GPL License question

Hello all,

A product has piqued my interest and claims to be GPL but the disclaimers
and general tone of their license "explanation" gives me pause.

Any opinions of how truly "open source" this project is would be greatly

In particular, passages that seem (to me at least) to want to make programs
written for QM fall into the realm of derivative works. Seems a bit as if
gnu would want anything compiled with gcc (or written in a flavour of
C that is intended for gcc) to become a derivative work.

Am I reading this the wrong way?

Thanks in advance,