SCO Ip right's claim on linux and SCO Intellectual Property License Program

My little brother was approached by SCO yesterday regarding licensing his
linux servers so as to avoid being possibly sued by SCO for copyright
infringment.   I am wondering as to what the Linux comunity thinks regarding
this Licensing program,  and if it is even legal.    I have my doubts
regarding the validy of their claims,  but i'm want another person's
prospective on it.

I do applogize if I start a flame war,  this is not my intention.   I am
simply trying to get some information.

Thanks
Shawn.